SyCip Salazar Hernandez & Gatmaitan
Total number of professionals: 151
Number of partners: 41 Number of associates: 81
Principal office: Makati
Other offices: Cebu; Davao; Subic
SyCip Salazar Hernandez & Gatmaitan is the leading full-service law firm in the Philippines.
We have seven main departments:
- The banking, finance & securities group represents and advises most of the major banks and in all types of financing transactions and regulatory matters – assisting foreign institutions in establishing local branches, conducting regular legal audits of bank forms and systems, and providing advice on day-to-day operations, as well as significant deals.
- The corporate services department advises our corporate clients on, and helps them manage, compliance and good governance. We have experience and systems for servicing special types of corporates, such as public companies, companies possessing secondary licenses or registrations, and non-stock non-profit corporations, including educational institutions and foundations.
- The employment and immigration department represents clients in compulsory and voluntary arbitrations as well as in adversarial and non-adversarial labour proceedings before labour agencies and the courts. We assist clients in the legal aspects of hiring. We partner with our corporate group in advising on labour-related matters such as employee stock option plans and retirement plans. We also provide comprehensive legal services on the full array of immigration law matters.
- The intellectual property group offers a wide range of services including basic rights protection, such as trademark, copyright, patent and product registration. We assist our clients in navigating the legal issues and concerns that have arisen with developments in science and technology, e-commerce and Internet-based transactions law.
- The litigation department has a very extensive practice in virtually all court levels – from the municipal trial courts and the regional trial courts, to the Court of Appeals and the Supreme Court. The firm also has a very extensive arbitration practice, being involved in foreign arbitrations, international commercial and other domestic arbitrations, and construction arbitrations.
- The special projects group undertakes the firm’s project and transactional work. This includes M&A, privatization, power and energy, mining and natural resources, environmental law, infrastructure, construction, real estate and property development, telecommunications, aviation, shipping, and transportation.
- The tax department provides the entire range of tax services, from advising on and structuring the tax aspects of corporate transactions to administrative and judicial litigation in relation to tax refunds and defending clients against assessments for both national taxes and customs duties and local taxes.
Banking, finance & securities; corporate services; dispute resolution, litigation & arbitration; employment and immigration; insurance; intellectual property; investments, mergers & acquisitions; maritime & aviation; mining & natural resources; projects, infrastructure and energy; real estate and construction; tax; telecommunications, media & technology.
406 Keppel Center
Cardinal Rosales Ave.
cor. Samar Loop
Cebu Business Park, Cebu City
Philippines – 6000
T: +63 32 233 1211-13 / +63 32 233 1950
Alan C. Fontanosa, Partner
17/F Landco Corporate Center
J.P. Laurel Ave.
Bajada, Davao City
Philippines – 8000
T: +63 82 221 3917 / +63 82 224 2742
Amer Hussein N. Mambuay, Partner
Alpha Building (888)
Subic International Hotel
Central Business District
Subic Bay Freeport Zone
Philippines – 2222
T: +63 47 252 3983/85
Russel L. Rodriguez, Partner