Project financing; power project; M&A; general mining; corporate/commercial dispute resolution
Vincent Ariesta Lie has extensive experience in representing prominent companies from various industries in legal due diligence, RTO transactions, acquisitions and financing major power plant projects. He also has experience in dealing with the resolution of disputes, bankruptcy proceedings and the enforcement of foreign arbitral awards.
Vincent combines his broad legal experience with a keen sense for clients’ business context. He is able to counsel clients with a view to their commercial objectives and the regulatory landscape. Besides handling traditional corporate practice areas, he is also familiar with fast-evolving growth sectors in Indonesia such as natural resources and energy (mining, oil and gas, power plants).
A client said, “Vincent has very good legal knowledge both in corporate transactions and projects, and corporate litigation. He is the lawyer to go to anytime we need to consult on mostly anything. Even during times when an issue is not his primary expertise, he can give very good insights and enlightenment on the issues.”
Another client added that “He has advanced knowledge in the Indonesian energy sector and precise advice for corporate documents.”
Vincent has been invited as a speaker in various seminars and conferences on power, mining, energy resources, M&As and bankruptcy arranged by private entities, state-owned companies, universities and associations. He has also authored various international and local publications on investment, mining and energy resources.
Some of his most recent accolades from prominent legal surveys and publications include:
Up and coming lawyer, Chambers and Partners Asia Pacific 2019
- Ranked as highly regarded lawyer, IFLR1000 2019
- Rising star lawyer (corporate/M&A), Asialaw 2018
- Indonesia’s A-list lawyers by the Asia Business Law Journal’s Top 100 lawyers in Indonesia, 2018
- Finalist, young lawyer of the year, ALB Indonesia Law Awards 2017
- SH, University of Padjadjaran, Bandung, Indonesia, 2001 (Cum laude)
- LLM, Vrije Universiteit, Amsterdam, the Netherlands, 2004 (Honorable mention)
- Full professional proficiency in English
- Native or bilingual proficiency in Bahasa Indonesia