M&A; banking & finance; real property; TMT; foreign direct investment
Luky I Walalangi is an Indonesian qualified lawyer and a founder of Walalangi & Partners. He is an expert and a leading lawyer in M&A, banking and finance, and real estate transactions, with two decades of experience.
Chambers Global 2020 and Chambers Asia-Pacific 2020 regard Luky I Walalangi as a highly recommended lawyer in corporate/M&A, which echoes similar recognition from Chambers Global 2019 and Chambers Asia-Pacific 2019, where he was regarded as a recognized practitioner in corporate/M&A. He is also recognized by IFLR1000 2020 and 2019 as a leading lawyer, awarded by Asialaw leading lawyers 2020 as distinguished practitioner in banking & finance, corporate and M&A, and by Asialaw Profiles Research 2019 as one of the five best lawyers in Indonesia.
Luky I Walalangi has also been listed as one of the A-List Indonesia’s Top 100 Lawyers by Asia Business Law Journal for three consecutive years, in 2018, 2019 and 2020, and a finalist of Managing Partner of the Year in Asian Legal Business – Indonesia Law Awards 2019.
Luky I Walalangi has an outstanding track record for advising on major strategic acquisitions in Indonesia across a variety of sectors, from traditional M&A deals to complex asset and portfolio loan acquisitions. He has successfully guided and represented both foreign and domestic clients in their complex investments and acquisitions, real property projects and corporate restructurings. He has also represented leading global banking and financial groups on major finance transactions in Indonesia.
Legal500, Asialaw and IFLR1000 cite opinions from various multinational clients on Luky I Walalangi in their publications as follows:
- “He is prompt, proper, full of experience and gives well-considered advice.”
- “Mr Walalangi is an experienced lawyer whom you can rely on for practical and timely advice and support.”
- “International level. Managing partner, Luky is very good.”
- “The quality of work is very satisfying. The speedy response is also amazing.”
- “W&P is a top law firm. The way its Founding Partner, Mr Luky I Walalangi, is always directly hands-on in our transactions and manages W&P’s team, and maintains the quality of W&P’s services and responsiveness at the same level as top International law firms.”
- “Luky I Walalangi and his entire team are very professional, and provided excellent legal advice combined with the current business strategy. W&P has been a counsel to us for the entire company restructuring project and provided fast responses. Highly recommended.”
- “W&P has assisted in several banking and finance transactions. They provide fast and accurate legal advices. Aside from the assistance on the transaction, they also have vast knowledge, and the partners are always hands-on should we need them.”
- “Very responsive firm, highly approachable, and we appreciate the on-the-point advice and attention to detail. World class firm.”