Azmi Mohd Ali
Azmi & Associates
Tel: + 603 2118 5001
M&A; projects; foreign investments; corporate & commercial; energy, oil & gas
Azmi Mohd Ali is a senior corporate & commercial lawyer, a corporate leader and one of the leading corporate lawyers in Malaysia with more than 35 years’ experience in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, cross-border transactions, project finance, privatization, energy, oil and gas and foreign investments. Prior to his venture in private practice, he started his career as an in-house counsel in Petronas in 1984.
His current positions include:
- Founder & senior partner of Azmi & Associates, a full service corporate and commercial law firm of close to 80 lawyers and is recognized as one of the largest law firms (by size) in Malaysia.
- Director of a listed company, non-listed public companies and non-profit organization; SP Setia Berhad, Worldwide Holdings Berhad, Institute of Corporate Directors Malaysia, PNB Commercial Sdn Bhd, UiTM Holdings Sdn Bhd and Yayasan Putra Business School.
- Director of Terralex, a Florida-based worldwide network of 155 law firms with 19,000 lawyers within its member firms spanning across 100 jurisdictions.
- Panel of conciliators and of Arbitrators of the International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes.
- Member of International Chamber of Commerce Malaysia (ICC).
- Member of Appeals Committee of Bursa Malaysia.
- Deputy President; University of Malaya Alumni Association.
- Adjunct Professor; Law Faculty of University Kebangsaan Malaysia.
- Advisory Committee; Law School of Taylor University.
- Has won the prestigious International Law Office 2016 Clients Choice Award for Malaysia in mergers & acquisitions, and other international publications.