The India Corporate Counsel Association (ICCA) is planning a unique General Counsel Conclave at the Holiday Inn Resort in Goa from April 5-8.
After successfully completing the ICCA’s Great Indian GC Retreat at Goa, Kovalam, London and Langkawi, the association is joining with CPL Media to hold the conclave.
This event is tailored exclusively for general counsel and senior in-house legal professionals, with a platform that includes technical discussions interspersed with recreational activities and spread over a relaxing weekend.
The association says a combination of high-profile attendees and an interesting mix of hot topics and recreational activities are planned to attract more than 70 senior GCs and 25-plus Indian and International law firms at the conclave.
There will be two full days of technical sessions with relevant topics, including:
- Litigation: How to handle result-oriented litigation with limited time;
- Arbitration and ADR: Current trends in India;
- Multijurisdictional operations: the need for care;
- Competition law in India: recent developments and challenges;
- Managing risks in M&A: perspectives from India and overseas;
- Effective recovery and money claims: demystifying the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016;
- Anti-corruption: how to conceptualize and implement successful compliance programmes;
- Standard setting organizations and standard essential patents;
- Global tax risk management and in-house counsel; and
- Cybercrime: is India ready?