Norton Rose Fulbright
Tel: +44 20 7444 5573
Email: [email protected]
International arbitration; investor state dispute resolution; alternative dispute resolution; litigation
Sherina Petit is a partner at Norton Rose Fulbright in London and heads the international arbitration practice across Asia, Europe and Middle East. She also heads the firm’s India practice. Besides arbitration she has significant experience in investor state disputes resolution, alternative dispute resolutions (ADR), litigation and regulatory investigations. In addition to acting as counsel in arbitrations, she regularly sits as an arbitrator.
Sherina has a wide range of experience in all key aspects of international arbitration across a broad range of industries including energy, construction, oil and gas, trade, transport, pharmaceuticals, commodities, finance and technology.
Sherina is on the LCIA Board of Directors and on the board of the European Federation of Investment Law and Arbitration (EFILA) (having been its chairman for the past three years). She is also part of the ICC Indian Arbitration Group, the SIAC Users Council, the SIAC Users Council’s Regional/National Committee for the UK and the Kuala Lumpur Court of Arbitration. Sherina is on the Steering Committee of the Pledge for Equal Representation for Women in Arbitration and launched the Pledge in India in 2018.
Sherina has received multiple awards:
- Won the India Business Group’s “Professional Adviser Award” at the Indian Awards 2019 at the House of Commons.
- Featured in Legal 500’s Inaugural International Arbitration Powerlist 2019 for the UK.
- Featured in Who’s Who Legalguide for Arbitration, 2019 and 2020.
- Featured in the Who’s Who LegalFuture Leaders in Arbitration for both 2017 and 2018, noting her as “a prominent name in the arbitration market”.
- Featured as an expert in Expert Guides’ 2018 and 2019 editions of the Commercial Arbitration Guide.
- Client Choice Awards for the UK in the Arbitration & ADR category in 2017 – 2020 (as voted for by corporate counsel).
- Featured in the Acritas Stars database for 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020.
Sherina is ranked in several leading directories including:
- Legal 500 describes Sherina as “pugnacious strategist and a great mind to have on clients’ teams” and “very receptive to her clients’ needs”.
- Chambers & Partners calls her “technically excellent as well as being a delight to work with” and “she is superb technically and has an unsurpassed level of commitment to her clients”.
Sherina qualified as an Advocate in India whilst working at a leading law firm in Mumbai (non-practising) and completed her Master of Laws at King’s College London. She obtained her England and Wales qualification while training at Linklaters in London and subsequently spent six years as an associate in the international arbitration team at Shearman & Sterling in London before joining Norton Rose Fulbright in 2009.