The Indian Corporate Counsel Association (ICCA) hosts the 5th Asia Pacific Corporate Counsel Alliance (APCCA) Summit from 20-23 April 2017 at Pullman Legian, Nirwana in Bali, Indonesia. The APCCA is an alliance of corporate counsel associations from India, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia and Sri Lanka, and attendance of corporate counsel from all member nations is anticipated. Topics on the agenda:
- Is legal convergence possible for Asia?
- Digital disruption in the legal industry
- How to make compliance work for your organization
- Cross-border M&A: Key issues and recent developments
- Ensuring process meets the company’s expectations: The key role of in-house counsel in arbitration
- Multijurisdictional operations: The need for care
President of the ICCA, Ashok Sharma, said the association “is taking this initiative to energize the in-house counsel community in the Asia-Pacific region by bringing together more than 25 in-house counsel from India and in-house counsel from APCCA member countries on one platform to interact.
“In today’s interconnected economies, there is a need for in-house counsel to connect with in-house counsel from other jurisdictions in order to deal with multijurisdictional issues in an effective manner,” he said.