ESTABLISHED IN 1949
Managing Partner: Steven Sieker
Number of partners: 70+ (Mainland China/ Hong Kong) / 1,500+ (Global)
Number of associates: 290+ (Mainland China/ Hong Kong) / 4,700+ (Global)
Baker McKenzie defined the global law firm in the 20th century, and we are redefining it to meet the challenges of the global economy in the 21st. We bring to matters the instinctively global perspective and deep market knowledge and insights of more than 13,000 people in 78 offices worldwide.
Baker McKenzie’s China offices have been assisting foreign and domestic companies succeed in Hong Kong, mainland China and globally for over 40 years. The firm is one of the leading and the largest international law firms in Hong Kong and mainland China, providing dedicated legal services to multi-national companies and domestic corporations doing business in China, as well as to Chinese state-owned enterprises and regional corporations doing business in the region and internationally.
With our diverse capabilities and experience, we serve clients across all major industry sectors. We are regularly involved in high-profile and first-to-market transactions with blue-chip multinationals and financial institutions, and regularly co-ordinate significant cross-border assignments emanating from Hong Kong and mainland China for market leading companies.
In April 2015, Baker McKenzie became the first international law firm that has been granted a Joint Operation (JO) licence in the China (Shanghai) Free Trade Zone with a local law firm – FenXun Partners. The JO is a historic step in providing clients with a joint global and local PRC law capacity from one single and uniquely aligned platform.
- World No. 1 Law Firm Brand in Acritas’ Sharplegal® Global Elite Brand Index, 2009-2019
- Ranked No. 1 in Acritas’ Sharplegal Asia Pacific Law Firm Brand Index, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2015 & 2014
- Ranked No. 1 frim in the world by number of cross-border deals for the eighth year in a row, Thomson Reuters, 2017
- Best Overall International Law Firm for China Work – China Business Law Journal, China Business Law Awards 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2014 & 2013
- Most Responsive International Firm of the Year (China) − Asian-MENA Counsel Representing Corporate Asia & Middle East Survey 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009
Key Practice Areas
Antitrust and competition; Banking and finance; Capital markets; Dispute resolution; Employment; Energy, mining and infrastructure; Environment and climate change; Intellectual property; IT and communications; Mergers and acquisitions; Pharmaceuticals and healthcare; Private equity; Real estate; Regulatory and compliance; Tax; Trade and commerce; Wealth management.
Suite 3401, China World Office 2 China World Trade Center 1 Jianguomen Outer Street Beijing 100004, China
Telephone +86 10 6535 3800
Fax +86 10 6505 2309
Suite 1601, Jin Mao Tower 88 Century Avenue Pudong New Area Shanghai 200121, China
Telephone +86 21 6105 8558
Fax +86 21 5047 0020
14/F, One Taikoo Place 979 King’s Road Quarry Bay Hong Kong
Telephone +852 2846 1888
Fax +852 2845 0476
78 offices in 46 countries worldwide