Vantage Asia, which produces China Business Law Journal, is hosting the CBLJ Forum 2019 at the JW Marriott Hotel, Beijing, on 3 April 2018 with the theme “Seizing business opportunities and managing legal risks”.
With an anticipated turnout of 300-400 attendees, the one-day forum has a packed programme consisting of four morning and seven afternoon sessions. The keynote speaker is Qin Shuo, the founder of the Commercial Civilization Research Centre of China and “Chin@Moments”, a new media company that covers economics, finance and business. He was previously vice-president of Shanghai Media Group, and founder and chief editor of First Financial Daily.
All sessions will be attended by top-tier general counsel from major companies and financial institutions, senior academics within the legal sphere and other legal professionals. Exclusive media partners for the event are Sina Finance and Sina Fawen.
The publisher of China Business Law Journal, Kelley Fong, said the conference would meet unfulfilled demand for information-sharing in the legal market.
“The unprecedented complexity of doing business in China, compounded by the legal and geopolitical challenges facing companies overseas, have heightened the importance of strong legal compliance,” said Fong.
“We see the need for high-end discussions and knowledge sharing between senior executives of Chinese and international companies. CBLJ Forum 2019 addresses this by bringing together general counsel, academics and partners of leading law firms to provide multiple perspectives on the most critical compliance issues.”
Topics for the forum’s morning programme include:
- Corporate compliance management: Executive responsibility, securities compliance, anti-corruption, responding to government investigations – hosted by Zhong Lun Law Firm;
- Financing opportunities and risk management in capital and financial markets – hosted by AllBright Law Offices;
- Data protection management: The current and future impact of GDPR on companies with internet business – hosted by East & Concord Partners; and
- Legal challenges of cross-border investment and financing – hosted by Dentons China.
The afternoon programme consists of seven sessions split between two halls, and includes:
- Mergers and acquisitions strategies in 2019 – hosted by Tian Yuan Law Firm;
- Asset management: Effective PE & VC structures – hosted by Guantao Law Firm;
- Capital markets: Listing strategies and risk management for new economy industries (A-shares market, overseas IPOs, Hong Kong IPOs) – hosted by Commerce & Finance Law Offices;
- Financial dispute resolution – hosted by Wintell & Co;
- Outbound investment of energy companies under Belt and Road initiatives – hosted by Zhong Lun Law Firm;
- Bankruptcy and restructuring: Disposal of non-performing assets, and dispute resolution – hosted by Dentons China; and
- Key compliance challenges: Data compliance, pharmaceutical regulations, import and export controls, environmental compliance – hosted by Zhong Lun Law Firm.
“The CBLJ Forum will be one of the largest gatherings of senior China-focused legal professionals,” said Fong.
“So, in addition to learning from our distinguished speakers, our delegates will enjoy an unprecedented opportunity to connect with their professional peers and share business solutions.”
> Register <